Friday, November 21, 2014

TSA holiday pleas? Oh, please


At TSA News, a civil liberties watchdog site I run, we often call your attention not only to news reports but to other blogs and websites that discuss the TSA. Consumer Traveler is one of them. 

The other day, for instance, I left a comment there asking readers to go over to Consumer Traveler and weigh in on a discussion. That CT discussion was called “TSA may loosen liquid restrictions.”
Today, we have another CT blog post about the esteemed agency, called “TSA’s holiday plea.”
My heart is already breaking.
Oh, the poor TSA, forced to contend with all the frightening terroristy people trying to get from point A to point B, over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s or somebody else’s house. All potential criminals, all potential bomb-throwers. Line ‘em up and move ‘em out! But not before you scan, grope, and steal from them.
Just the thought of all those scary cupcakes, jars of explosive peanut butter, tubes of Terrorist Toothpaste, canisters of Bomby Babypowderbeltswatchespursespaperweights, and perfume fills me with horror. Forgive me — I know I’m leaving out lots of other scary stuff.
TSA’s “holiday plea” to you is that you straighten up and fly right. In other words, obey. That’s been the name of the game from Day One.
Now shut up and move along.
(Graphic courtesy of VeryDemotivational.com)