Friday, March 6, 2015

Blogger on the blink, won't update pages, Master List

UPDATE: I've started a Page 2 of the Master List since Blogger won't accept an update. Click both tabs above, the original, fully titled one, and also Page 2.

Blogger, the blogging platform here and for all "blogspot.com" sites (owned by Google), is often messed up and won't allow updates to existing pages. Since I maintain the Master List of TSA Crimes and Abuses, I try to update it regularly. But here it is March 2015 and Blogger hasn't allowed an update since January 2015. Every time I add another incident to the list and hit "Update," nothing happens. Over and over and over and over again. Here's the message I always get:
An error occurred while trying to save or publish your post. Please try again.
By perusing on-line help forums, I see that this is a common problem with Blogger. It sucks, but there's nothing I can do. If it won't update, it won't update.

Technology is great when it works, but a total pain in the ass when it doesn't. 

You'll have to click any TSA post or the label "TSA" listed at the righthand side of this page to see TSA-related posts, including the most recent incidents, which, as I said, Blogger won't allow me to add to the Master List.

Oh, and yes, I clear my cache constantly, almost obsessively, so it's not that.