Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dianne Feinstein the Hypocrite


Ya know what -- fuck Dianne Feinstein. For years she's been one of the worst shills for the NSA, CIA, and the entire national security state apparatus. It was okay when everyone else was being spied on and abused, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly it's not okay.

Funny how people get religion only when they're personally affected. Similar to Gabby Giffords, I might add, who now is all in favor of gun control. But until she got shot, she didn't give a shit.

Yes, I know it's never too late to see the light -- I get it -- so I'm glad they did. But pardon me if I'm skeptical about such people's sudden turn-arounds (what's Feinstein going to do going forward? continue her usual fear-mongering when all this blows over, just as she defends the TSA?). It's a sad commentary on the state of the country -- and on human beings in general.

It's for such people that Livy's proverb was created -- and why I have it permanently displayed at this blog (see right-hand side):

"Eventus stultorum magister est." Fools must be taught by experience.