Saturday, July 6, 2013

Free Speech My Ass

This is at least the third case I've read about where a kid posts something stupid on Facebook and is arrested for it. Not only arrested, thrown in jail.

I know the Bill of Rights is already shredded, but it's getting worse every day. And what's the perennial excuse?

Terror.

Terrorism.

Terroristy stuff.

In the latest case, 19-year-old Justin Carter is still in jail, five months after the fact, because he posted on Facebook:
"I think I'ma [sic] shoot up a kindergarten and watch the blood of the innocent rain down and eat the beating heart of one of them."
And guess what the bond is -- $500,000. Yep, half-a-million dollars. For speech.

It gets worse. The prosecutor actually wanted him to take a plea deal of 8 years in prison. Eight years! For speech.

This is the "Land of the Free." Stupid shit boys used to say to each other on the school playground is now criminal. It's considered a terrorist threat. 

But I guess his words -- obviously, to any thinking person, in jest, in hyperbole -- were a cut above those of 7-year-old Josh Welch. Wait, I take that back -- Josh Welch didn't speak any words; he simply ate a pop-tart. And according to the moronic "officials" at his school, he chewed it into the shape of a gun and "waved it around."

You can't make this shit up. It reads like something from the Onion, only it's real.

If you think this stuff is okay, maybe you oughtta move to North Korea or someplace like that, where at least they don't even pretend to have free speech.

I wonder if we're still allowed to use the expression, "I was so mad, I could've killed him." Or "Don't do that or I'll kill you."

?

Apparently not.

So watch your p's and q's, mes amis, especially now that the NSA and idiot prosecutors who don't have anything better to do are on the prowl. You, too, could be a terrorist.