Monday, July 22, 2013
Pass the Pepto-Bismol
There've been several nauseating stories over the past week:
- Obama's crocodile tears over the killing of Trayvon Martin, a political dog whistle if ever I heard one. He gets all "emotional" in his press conference, while his policies are harming the very people he claims to care about. And of course his supporters lap it up. Where were his tears when, thanks to his kill list, an American drone wiped out 16-year-old Abulrahman al-Awlaki? Not to mention scores of other innocent civilians in Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan, Somalia? What, they don't count?
- Military Judge Denise Lind allowing to stand the insane charge of "aiding the enemy" against Bradley Manning in the kangaroo court proceedings at Fort Meade;
- The faux outrage -- "I'm shocked, shocked, I say!" -- about Rolling Stone putting a picture of alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev on the cover;
- Big Brother once again threatening citizens (but I know, this is par for the course, and barely worth mentioning anymore, as the United Sheeple of America continue to snuffle along with their snouts stuffed in the grass);
- Yet more propaganda from the TSA about its boondoggle extortion racket called Pre-Check;
- But perhaps none more nauseating than this story of testosterone poisoning from the New York Times. Just what we need -- more glorification of the instruments of slaughter and destruction.